2022-04-08: Fuzion April Update
Here is this month's update:
- Social Media
- There is a Fuzion Twitter Feed, please follow!
- Support for Effects was added to Fuzion
- Inspired by languages like Koka, Flix, Effekt
- Goal is to encapsulate (side-) effects in otherwise pure functions such that
- non-functional effects are formally documented, become part of the signature.
- code can be statically analyzed for dependencies and impact on the external world
- non-local control flow is supported
- these effects can be replaced by different handlers (e.g., code that prints to io.out (stdout) could be called using a handler for io.out that redirects the output to a file).
- Parts of the standard library use effects now.
- New expression
type.envto access effect of given type.
- Unicode punctuations are now allowed as codepoints within operators
- New effects:
f64now offer trigonometric functions,
and squareRoot, and constants
- intersection operator added to psSet:
fz -effects main.fznow performs static analysis on
main.fzand prints effects required by this feature.
- Support for
- Now tries to offer infix/postfix operator completion.
- Tests on windows now automated using github CI