2021-11-08: Fuzion November Update
I have just come back from short holidays, so this month's Fuzion update is a little late. The main news since last month are
- IDE integration:
- work on a Fuzion language server based on the VS Code extension has started thanks to Michael Lill's efforts (currently does not work on Windows yet, will be fixed soon).
- VS Code extension is published on open-vsx.org and marketplace.visualstudio.com.
- Fuzion language
- better type inference avoids the need for explicit type parameters in most cases
- Front End / Middle End
- First, very simple Data Flow Analysis based on Fuzion module IR to perform a very limited check that variables are initialized before being used.
- Major restructuring to remove dependencies from MIR/AIR/FUIR on AST and to eventually support a binary module format.
- created a playground based on openvscode-server and vscode extension for Fuzion. The playground requires a login. Feedback is very welcome.
- added more idioms including a first Fuzion quine (#182).
- General / Infrastructure
- Fuzion sources now require OpenJDK 17./
- Tokiwa Software now has a presence on github. Eventually, the Fuzion repository will be moved there as well.